Thread: Backup exec job engine system service is not responding

Backup exec job engine system service is not responding

I have been trying to sort out an issue with Backup Exec 11d for some time before resorting to getting some assistance on the Internet. I have a new Dell PowerEdge 2350 running Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 2000, Symantec Corp Ed Anti-Virus, and Filemaker Pro. But I am getting an error message "Error category : Job ErrorsError : a00081d9" - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding. This is something such difficult thing to explain over here, but i have tried to be the best to explain.

Thanks for your suggestions

Re: Backup exec job engine system service is not responding

This issue has been seen once in a live environment, and in that environment appears to have been caused by the Job Engine on the MMS terminating unexpectedly during the previous attempt to run the same job. Be sure to deselect the option for Enable legacy mailbox support under tools, options, MS Exchange...that is, if you are restoring mailboxes using the information store for your backup job.

I am having the same issue for a few months now and I require to stop the backupexec services in order to export or import my tapes from the autoloader. The CASO server should recover the original job from the MMS once the Backup Exec services on the MMS are restarted.This recover process should remove the job from the Job Monitor on the MMS ensuring that this issue does not occur.

These services were running and there is nothing useful logged in the Event Viewer. You need to configure the media server first, On the Media Server configured to run as a CASO, open the Backup Exec Console. Select the Job Monitor Screen and make a note of the name of the job that generates the error and fails to submit correctly to the MMS. have your services set to automatically restart? If yes then On the Media Server configured as the MMS, open the Backup Exec Console, Select the Job Monitor Screen and remove the job from the 'Current Jobs' List with the same name.