Thread: Citrix: There is no route to the specified subnet address

Citrix: There is no route to the specified subnet address

I have a 1 server test farm using MPS4. Using Web Client, from my workplace I can login in and execute published applications from any client on the same local network. When I ask the users to connect from WI4 and sometimes they are getting the following error. "Cannot connect to the citrix metaframe server. There is no route to the specified subnet address." Please help me how do I get rid of this issue.

Re: Citrix: There is no route to the specified subnet address

Have you configured any address translation options in the Web Interface which might make the address unusable? Open the file and look at the 'Address=' line, if you are also using Secure Gateway or Access Gateway this line will contain a STA ticket not an address.

First you need to configure your firewall and assign the server a public IP address. Then you need to configure the server using altaddr and assigning it the public IP Address. Basically, the ICA file rendered for the application connection must contain an address (probably the server address) which is not resolvable, or routable. If you are also using Secure Gateway or Access Gateway this line will contain a STA ticket not an address, and this troubleshooting method will not be very useful. Now, try using tracert or ping at the command line to see if the client can route to this address.

I am receiving the following error when trying to connect to a Citrix Secure
    Gateway server. Using either the Java Client or the ICA Client. It was the borderware firewall. For the record, it wasn't any standard setting that I'd missed, but what sounds more like a bug; Have you checked the firewall settings in the ica connection settings that xs4citrix named. Have you checked the firewall settings in the ica connection settings that xs4citrix named. If icmp is disabled, you can test if you can connect your citrix server via telnet and the XML Port:
    telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80