Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-08-2009

How to set hspace and vspace in firefox CSS

What are the CSS equivalent of hspace and vspace? I aware that to create space around the frame I have inserted a space using vspace and hspace. But when i create the same in my application I have noticed that it seem to have a problem rendering vspace & hspace to images inserted in content. Works fine under IE tho. How do I set my page according to eliminate this issue..
Old 19-08-2009

Re: How to set hspace and vspace in firefox CSS

The margin CSS, hspace creates a horizontal padding around an image; vspace, a vertical. I had used vspace to vertical align (to middle) an image. If you want a 15 pixel margin around the iframe, you can do it with CSS:
Code:
<iframe width="425" height="350" style="margin:15px" align="right" frameborder="1" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src=" ... long URL in here ... "></iframe>
This is very simple kind of coding that you just need to apply to your application.
Old 19-08-2009

VSPACE sets the vertical distance between the text and the inline frame. HSPACE sets the horizontal space between the text and the frame. hspace and vspace are basically HTML tags that would be surrounded by the whole body message, and won't do anything in a css stylesheet, if that is what you are trying to do.

Quote:
Probably something like: img {margin: x y}
It could be that the browser is interpreting the hard returns in your code to create the spaces.
Old 19-08-2009

Keep in mind the following things, To emulate a hspace value, but the problem is this style would set that margin for each and every img for every page on my website. The new page conforms to XHTML 1.1 standards. I am in the process of removing the layout tables in favour of CSS-P. I want to be able to control the hspace for each separate tag using the hspace attribute and this works fine in firefox if I get rid of.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,