Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-08-2009

How to Replace blank fields with Javascript

I wanted to set the validation on the field to check whether the data I have provide on the data and the data which i have already inserted into the database is valid, however, the problem is that the attached snippet checks and I also wanted to set the validation such as it should give the error message if the condition satisfies want to remove the blank spaces from left and right of the string.can any one help me to solve this problem. Guidelines will also be appreciated.
Old 18-08-2009

Re: How to Replace blank fields with Javascript

Using the following simple method you may replace the blank fields in javascript

Code:
string=string.replace(/(^\s+)(\s+$)/, "");
There are also two more solutions ? 1) don?t use innerHtml to get the contents of the span, use innerText, and 2) get the correct Javascript syntax for the replace.
Old 18-08-2009

Using the Replace() method you can easily replace the white space from a string with any character you want, or totally remove it. For that i used onkeyup=fun(); event in <input> tag.. calling function. The function is function fun() { var name=document.getElementById('name').value; document.getElementById('name').value=name.replace(/[^A-Za-z]/g,'');

Then you do NOT need to check anything. Just replace the offending characters with a blank:
else if( x[i].name=="description")
{
x[i].value = x[i].value.replace(/[^A-Za-z0-9 @\,\;\"\'-]/g,"");
}
Old 18-08-2009

Use the following code for your problem.

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>Remove spaces.</title>
<script language="JavaScript">
function fun() {
var name=document.getElementById('name').value;
document.getElementById('name').value=name.replace(/^(?:\s)*/g,'').replace(/(?:\s)*$/g,'');
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<form>
<input type="Text" id="name" chelur="fun()">
</form>
</body>
</html>

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,