Thread: How to run Query Automatically on MS Access

How to run Query Automatically on MS Access

I studies the online projects currently i need to have a database that joins several different databases together using Access. One of the columns in the main table that is updated nightly is called FileName and another is Date. I have a table with a field that accepts ID numbers. I wanted to segregate the individual customer by adding some string to the Customer ID which should be properly edited by the barcode reader, I think this all will come under the Access filter so and to remove those unwanted characters the the data should be entered.

Re: How to run Query Automatically on MS Access

If you have a single xxx.mdb file that is your back-end copy of all the relevant ODBC tables, This is something you would use to periodically update some records, refresh some data, or have any sort of timed database event. then every night run a routine to empty the tables and repopulate them, you will find the xxx.mdb. This is definitely closer as the error is gone now, but the behavior I am seeing is that the update query creates a new table with one column and populates it with the values already set in "IMD_Owner".

Windows utility can open an application at a specific time which can in turn run code. Use a template access mdb file (template.mdb) containing all the target tables, but all empty, and copy this to xxx.mdb. Use the FileCopy VBA statement, make a query of your table with the data and in the ID column in design view, enter this for the field (rather than ID).

If you happen to work in an office where co-workers are kind enough to shut your PC down at night, you could have issues with the code not running. I did that so that when I make a query with these fields--[name],[items],[date],[item check out id],[item return id],[notes]--the name will automatically display everytime someone swipes their ID in the [item check out id] fields because of that relationship. I tried that mid() function, it only worked if I put the numbers in the [item check out id] field in table (2), and then made the query with that mid(). I am now getting a message "Cannot join on Memo, OLE, or Hyperlink Object..." The data in the table Master is dumped to every night via a link to it from another dB.