Thread: VB application gives Informix errors 346

VB application gives Informix errors 346

This I heard that we can run small applications with the Informix database. and therefore I also have decide to write an vb script application to update various records in an Informix database. when I run my connection.execute(sql) line I receive the following error; EIX000: 9-346) Could not update a row in the table. How this problem has arise and what does it says..

Re: VB application gives Informix errors 346

Reboot box, enter in BIOS and see error log (in the first panel of bios), To be sure of the meaning of one of these codes, consult the manuals for your operating system. note errors and delete all. The explanations provided reflect the meaning of the kernel return codes. UNIX programmers can also find help in the file /usr/include/errno.h.

Enter in Advanced (some rows below), and in the first or seconds level there is another error log menu: take a look at errors (probably are tens) and delete. I strongly recommend that the defaults be revised to lower values. Check the accompanying ISAM error code for more detailed information on the cause. Possible causes include hardware errors and locking conflicts.

The sql works fine if using the IBM Informix SQL Editor. These multiple listings reflect changes in the wording or functionality of the error message for different versions of the software. There is definitely an upper-limit on how much log space you can require to do a rollback, because the CLM records (which are the cause of the trouble) are of finite size (16 bytes, if memory serves me right)