Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-08-2009

Error 'javascript:void(0)'

I am using Internet Explorer as my default browser on Vista. While surfing on internet, i come across many websites where my browser gives me error saying "javascript:void(0)". Why is that so. What is meant by javascript:void(0) ? Thanks in advance for your help
Old 14-08-2009

Re: Error 'javascript:void(0)'

Javascript void 0 is simply an error message returned by Javawhen there is a problem loading a JavaScript from a web page.No matter what web browser you use, you might see the javascript:void(0) error message on certain websites. That's normal if the link you click to elicit the java phrase does not have an onmouseover event. To prevent the load from refreshing, you could use the JavaScript void() function and pass a parameter of 0 (zero).The best working solution to get the link working is to reload the page and click on the link again, though the error will keep on coming but it will not affect the working.
Old 14-08-2009

Most probably the cause of the error javascript:void(0) may be a popup blocker blocking the JavaScript. So the best solution is to disable your popup blocker or use any Anti Popup Software. Before downloading and installing the pop up blocker make sure that you go through all the reviews to know about whether that particular pop up blocker has history of frequently blocking the various scripts. Also make sure the JavaScript is written properly. If not than webmaster must rewrite the JavaScript.
Old 14-08-2009

One cause for this error may be a malfunctioning web proxy. The various proxy servers that we access to the various websites are banned and maintaining the anonymity of the user to block the various manuscripts lead. The solution is to disable your web proxy, if possible. You can avoid this by not using the proxy server or a proxy to choose the better functionality and not the various manuscripts blocks. Another reason would be compatible with your browser webpage can be. Please inform webmaster about this problem and will in due course of time are confirmed.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , , ,