Thread: How can i Unistall Java from my XP

How can i Unistall Java from my XP

I am using Windows Xp with some sun Java installed. Now i need to remove those Java from my computer. I don't want to make any mistake so i din't tried yet that. Could you guys please make me know how can i uninstall Java from my Windows XP computer ? Thanks in advance.

Re: How can i Unistall Java from my XP

That is much simple. I can say its similar the way you uninstall any program or application from you computer from Add and remove applet. Anyways, here is step by step process to do the same:-
    1. Click the Start menu icon at the bottom left of the Windows screen.
    2. Click the Control Panel option.
    3. Click Switch to Classic View
    4. Click the Add or Remove Programs button
    5. When the Add or Remove Programs window appears, scroll down to the item labeled Java or J2SE Runtime Environment.
    6. Highlight the Java version you wish to uninstall and click on Remove.
    7. Once done Restart the machine.

Thats it !!

Thanks for sharing this useful info. I also have some similar problem with mu computer. I was trying to remove the Java from my XP system as well but every time it get failed. I don't know whats wrong but i am unable to remove it. What can i do ? please help.

Not sure whats wrong but fortunately have a grate solution for that. I think you need to try Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.When you have problems trying to remove an old program because the installation files are corrupted.Windows Installer CleanUp Utility might be able to help. You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

When you use Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, you can perform the following functions:

Select one or more programs that were installed by Windows Installer from the Windows Installer CleanUp dialog box.

To do this, select the programs that you want in the Installed Products list in the Windows Installer CleanUp dialog box. After you make this selection, the utility removes only Windows Installer configuration information that is related to those programs.

Remove all Windows Installer information associated with the selected programs. This includes the entries for the programs in the Add Or Remove Programs item in Control Panel. Be aware that only the Installer information for that particular program is removed, not the files.