Thread: There was a problem reading this document (14)

There was a problem reading this document (14)

I'm using Adobe Reader 5. I received an email attachment in .pdf format and when I try to open it and print the document I get an error message "There was a problem reading this document (14)". It occurs for a report in production, but I can run THE SAME report in development (different database).

Re: There was a problem reading this document (14)

You get this sort of error if there was a problem with the upload of the PDF file to a webserver. I tried unregistering and reregistering the DLL. I also tried rebuilding the COM+ application. I also restarted IIS and none of these worked until the reboot.You have said that the file opens fine in Explorer, is that before you post it up to the web, or are you running the website on your local intranet?

I have to look in to that. Do you have NT challenge/response setup? This error message mean the PDF is corrupted. I think you need to put the appropriate file to your webserver setup. Tool makes IIS5 safer by locking down services that is not needed on IIS5. With each new version of Acrobat and Reader Adobe released over the last few years Adobe have tightened up the PDF Spec, i.e., badly formed PDFs that Acrobat and Reader used to be forgiving will no longer work.

I have several banks and real estate office that send me request from forms they have saved in their database. It appears this must be the case. If it does you may need to check the security and permissions on the folder that the pdfs are in.

smile Re: There was a problem reading this document (14)

I had the same problem with Adobe pdf Reader, FoxIt pdf Reader and full Adobe. Try eXpert PDF from. It
    s free and it worked for me.
    Last edited by Kunal; 11-01-2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed