Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-08-2009

How to get Pivot chart title and VBA

I have number of records and multiple field in my Excel sheet, from that i have set some primary fields and the others are non-primary, Now I wanted to take a Dynamic Chart using Pivot Table and VBA as per my records and other related data. Is it possible to change chart automatically. Thanks for your help.
Old 13-08-2009

Re: How to get Pivot chart title and VBA

In Using Pivot Table Data for a Chart with a Dual Category Axis, I showed how to make a Chart with a Dual Category Axis using a pivot table to properly arrange the source data. Right click on the sheet name tab of the sheet housing the PivotTable and choose View Code. In here paste the code below and modify Chart1 to suit.
Old 13-08-2009

Normally the Title is already centered. I can't find a way of programmatically centering the Title because it does not have a Width property. A PivotChart view uses the Office Chart Component and helps you create dynamic, interactive charts. The views support interactions, such as adding, filtering, and sorting data, without you having to write code.
Old 13-08-2009

you need to write code. This article presents sample code for performing simple tasks, such as moving and filtering fields, in PivotTable and PivotChart views. I generally prefer using a regular chart, because pivot charts are pretty inflexible when it comes to formatting. Unfortunately, a regular chart doesn?t know when the pivot table has been resized by a refresh.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,