Thread: Hunt group nortel norstar

Hunt group nortel norstar

I have a hard time with Norstar definition of terms, being mainly an Avaya tech. I am looking to set up a “group calling group” or “hunt group” but this term is nowhere to be found in the manual. I have hunt group 708 set up as broadcast to 221 - 230 and line 001 assigned to the hung group but when a call comes in it doesn't ring the hunt group, Any ideas how and why this has happened, And any permanent solution to this problem?

Re: Hunt group nortel norstar

You can add members (Extensions) to a hunt group and set it to broadcast, then forward the operator phone to the hunt DN. Hunt Group Distinctive Ring – Hunt Groups can be assigned one of four distinctive ring patterns/tones. Please note that once a distinctive ring is assigned to a hunt group it cannot be assigned to another hunt group or any other lines. (available for MICS 6.0; 6.1)

The Norstar 824 (NT5B20) is preconfigured for 8 lines and 24 telephones and can be expanded to 80 lines or 120 stations or a combination of the two. Then it rings certain phones and they can also do a group pickup to get the call. At that office they also have a T-1 not sure if its a PRI because of software but maybe it is a higher release.

The users are not technical, and I was looking for an easy solution of programming one button to initiate forwarding, and another button with an external autodial number. A timer can be set so that once a page is initiated, the timer starts and will end the page connection after expiration of the timer. Setting the ext to have the hunt group appear and ring on it will automatically assign a certain button on the phone. Setting it to Ring Only will make the hunt group calls come in on intercom keys.