Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2009

How to insert new line in message box

I have very simple problem, I would like to know how to make a new line when showing a message box but this would be managed through C# and there i decided to develop an application in, where i have decided to display a string in a MessageBox which would be having newlines in it. there i have decided to keep it in the I've got "\r\n" but has v din the string, but when displayed, it shows the characters "\r\n", rather than a newline. Is there any other way through which I can do the same thing. Please help.
Old 11-08-2009

Re: How to insert new line in message box

If you want to force a new line in a message box, you can include either:

The Visual Basic for Applications Constant for a carriage return and line feed, vbCrLf.
-or-
The character codes for a carriage return and line feed, Chr(13) & Chr(10).

To do this you would write the code for the message box as:

MsgBox ?The record has now been Saved? & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & ?The database will now close?.
Old 11-08-2009

The two vbCrLf forces two rows in the message box to display the message as:

The record has now been Saved. You may also achieve inserting new line in message box by writing down the following line.

MessageBox.Show("Line one\nLine two");

You can also use this constant in other instances, for example in setting out text to send in e-mail messages via VBA code.
Old 11-08-2009

MessageBox(hWnd, TEXT("Line\n"), TEXT("Caption"), MB_OK); \n is not for VB.NET. \n is used in languages that escape characters with \ (\t, \n, \\, \r, \f, etc). or else you may use the MessageBox.Show("plz giv" + System.Environment.NewLine + "c0d!");

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,