Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2009

What is html tab character

Hello friends,

I am making a website i am trying to use html tab character in my code so that it would be easy for me. But i don't have any idea about it and also don't know whats the use of tab character in HTML. Can anyone provide me some information about it and at the same time can you tell me how to use it in code.
Old 11-08-2009

Html tab character

If you are planning to have same tabs which are there in Word programs, markers along the horizontal axis of the page that text align to, if you want to have it in same way then it's not possible in HTML but if you want to use them for layout reasons or to get the text to move over a certain amount. This you can handle in HTML.
Old 11-08-2009

What is html tab character

Try to use &nbsp tag which is equal to a single blank space, the main advantage of using HTML tab is it allow to use non-breaking space and if you are trying to get a whole section of code to indent, you could again use a CSS style that added left-margin space to your paragraph.
Old 11-08-2009

Html tab character

Try to use the following code in HTML for tab character

HTML Code:
</div>
           </li>
                                <li class="alt" id="comment">
            <div class="single_comment">
            <div class="float_left">
             <p class="comment_author">Example</p>
             <p class="comment-small">demo</p>
        </div>
        <br class="clear" />
            </div>
            <div class='commenttext'>
Over here you can insert any printing or non-printing character above the value of 32 by using &# and the ASCII code in decimal after it.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,