Thread: How to Align text inserted in html table format

How to Align text inserted in html table format

I have number of tables designed in my web pages, I have entered lot of text messages as paragraphs as well as list of table content, but when I try to align the text as per requirement it does not allow me to do so, How should I do that, do i need to insert any tags to the paragraphs or content.

Re: How to Align text inserted in html table format

The HTML table model allows authors to arrange data -- text, preformatted text, images, links, forms, form fields, other tables, etc. -- into rows and columns of cells. The value for each attribute inside the tag is enclosed in quotation marks, only around the value and not around the attribute. <TABLE attribute="value">. <TABLE WIDTH="250" BORDER="2" BORDERCOLOR="blue" CELLPADDING="7" CELLSPACING="3" VALIGN="top" ALIGN="right">

To align the text or objects in a cell to the left side of the cell, the line ALIGN="left" needs to be added to the <TD> tag, so the final result looks, Add the border attribute to the table tag, setting it equal to 1, and a sentence between the <td></td> tags as shown:
    <table border="1">
    <tr>
    <td>My Table</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

ALIGN values of left | center | right have been defined by the HTML 3.2 specification. The default value is "left". Add the attribute 'align' and set it equal to 'right' to the beginning <div> tag 'as shown:
    <div align="right"> Save and upload the document to your server. If you do not specify a border attribute the table will be displayed without any borders. If you do not code the align attribute the browser will assume that the table is aligned to the left. User agents may exploit the head/body/foot division to support scrolling of body sections independently of the head and foot sections.