Thread: Best Open Source accounting software?

Best Open Source accounting software?

Hi,

I am having a client who is asking for a Open Source accounting software. Since I have no idea about accounting softwares & I am quite new to this section I would love to know from you guys that if there is a list of good open source softwares for free? Which one would you recommend me?

Thanks in advance for your time & suggestions.

Re: Best Open Source accounting software?

Popular Open Source Accounting Software

There are a number of Open Source Accounting packages around, the most well known of which are listed below:

1. TurboCash
    2. GnuCash
    3. JGnash
    4. KMyMoney
    5. Quasar Accounting
    6. SQL Ledger

Can I ask you a question here?
    Does your client need a stand alone application or a web based solution?

Regards,
    Tit4Tat

Open Source Accounting Software

TurboCASH

TurboCASH .7 is an open source accounting package that is free for everyone to download and distribute under the terms of the General Public Licence (GPL). It is one of the world's first fully-featured open source accounts packages for small business. TurboCASH is much more than a simple 'home finances' or small business bookkeeping system
    (compare us to QuickBooks and Sage and see why).

GnuCash

Personal and small business accounting in Linux will be easier and better after today's release of GnuCash 2.0.0. This milestone release of the free, open source accounting program includes generational advances over the last version. GnuCash 2.0.0 is based on state-of-the-art gtk2 GUI technology. Developers worked hard to integrate the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) for a consistent behavior and look-and-feel for the whole Desktop.

Open source applications are an important part of the computer landscape and need a proper evaluation when making computer decisions. While open source licensing has no cost, open source computing is not “free.” The focus of this article is to consider whether open source is a viable platform for accounting applications. There are lots of applications built on an open source platform, such as the operating system
    from Linux and the Internet browsers from Firefox and Mozilla. Typically, open source software starts with a small company developing the foundation application code. Other software developing companies, individuals and small groups test and determine the code’s usefulness and whether they have any interest in enhancing the code. This public participation creates the opportunity for a major collaboration among the original developers and a wide range of other developers.