Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2009

onUnload event for a side bar

Hi,
I have a sidebar application, which is used for web annotation.
I added the following code for handling the sidebar onload and onunload. When I press the close button, the onUnload event is called. Actually I need a confirm box, containing the text ?Do you want to close the side bar??. Even when I press the cancel, the side bar is closed. How can I set ?Ok? and ?Cancel? options to the window.onUnload event? Is this only applicable for websites? Or Does Sidebar have special event handling for close?

Code:

onLoad: function(e) {
alert(?load?);
},
onUnload: function(e) {
if(confirm(?Do you want to close the sidebar??))
{
alert(?closing?);return true;
}
else
{
alert(?continue?);return false;
}

}
}

window.addEventListener(?load?, function(e) { skratch.onLoad(e); }, false);
window.addEventListener(?unload?, function(e) { skratch.onUnload(e); }, false);
Old 10-08-2009

Re: onUnload event for a side bar

Hey have You check the Last Two Lines , Check the true False Parameter , shouldnt they should be opposite

Quote:
window.addEventListener(“load”, function(e) { skratch.onLoad(e); }, false);
window.addEventListener(“unload”, function(e) { skratch.onUnload(e); }, false);
Well , i dont have any idea , but just give it a try
Old 10-08-2009

Re: onUnload event for a side bar

I will explain the actual work flow. Actually My website ?http:/localhost? is set as the sidebar url of the sidebar. So when taking the sidebar from the view=>Sidebar menu, and the sidebar loads. On page loading, the datas from the sidebar will get into the ?http:/localhost?. Actually these are done in the website code. like ?window.addEventListener(?myevent", myeventListener, false, true);"
Now I need to check the sidebar close, whether any pop up window is opened or not from the sidebar. If so, I need to catch the close event and need to return false.
When pressing the close button, the page inside the sidebar url will be onunload,,,and even when we put a confirmation into this condition,,the sidebar closes in both cases.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,