Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2009

How to use jta transactionmanager J2EE

I wanted to develop web application, and the client requirements for their web applications falls under to use JTATransactionManager in their applications, this I found on internet that I need to use this manager, So please give me some more information about how to use it.
Old 10-08-2009

Re: How to use jta transactionmanager J2EE

This is typically used to delegate to a J2EE server's transaction coordinator, but may also be configured with a local JTA provider which is embedded within the application. This transaction manager is appropriate for handling distributed transactions, i.e. transactions that span multiple resources, and for managing transactions on a J2EE Connector. I think you can take it up a level, so instead of using the "userTransaction" or "transactionManager from JNDI" depending on your situation.
Old 10-08-2009

Synchronization is also leveraged for transactional cache handling with Hibernate. Transaction synchronization is active by default, to allow data access support classes to register resources that are opened within the transaction for closing at transaction completion time. I have not used it with JBoss but it should work for you according to section 9.8 Application server-specific integration from the Spring reference manual.

public JtaTransactionManager(javax.transaction.TransactionManager transactionManager)
Old 10-08-2009

Transaction suspension (REQUIRES_NEW, NOT_SUPPORTED) is just available with a JTA TransactionManager being registered, via the "transactionManagerName" or "transactionManager" properties. For typical JTA transactions (REQUIRED, SUPPORTS, MANDATORY, NEVER), a plain JtaTransactionManager definition is all you need, completely portable across all J2EE servers.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,