Thread: How to register ASP.Net with iis

How to register ASP.Net with iis

I wanted to configure and monitor my web server but should get register with ASP.NET 2.0, How do I register this for configuring Monitoring server of PPS. will this registration need anything else other than the normal setup Please advice.

Re: How to register ASP.Net with iis

Have you installed the ASP.NET framework? If you install the .NET Framework on a system that has IIS already installed, Normally this registers ASP.NET fine, but if not, navigate to the /bin folder in the framework folders in a command line window and run. IIS is automatically configured to handle requests to ASP.NET pages, and to redirect the execution to the ASP.NET runtime.

When multiple versions of the .NET Framework are executing side-by-side on a single computer, the ASP.NET ISAPI version mapped Doing all this manually can be a difficult operation, and requires a good understanding of many details. Fortunately there is an utility, shipped with the .NET Framework to an ASP.NET application determines which version of the common language runtime is used for the application.

The tool can also be used to install and uninstall the linked version of ASP.NET. Use the -i option to install ASP.NET and to update the scripmaps of all existing ASP.NET applications. Registering ASP.NET on IIS is not just a matter of associating the various .aspx, .asmx, .axd, .ashx and the other ASP.NET extensions to the aspnet_isapi.dll ISAPI, more has to be done to create the ASP.NET account. Use the -ir option to install ASP.NET without updating the script maps. To uninstall the ASP.NET version associated with the tool, use the -u option. If you want to uninstall all versions of ASP.NET from the computer, use the -ua option.