Thread: Unable to modify the databse with the same name as an existing database

Unable to modify the databse with the same name as an existing database

I am maintaining my company's employee data in MySQL, when i try to backup that data and try to modify it gives me an error message suggesting that "A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share." that means it simply does not allow me modify the databse with the same name as an existing database, What does that mean and what i need to do to get ride of this unknown error.

Please help.

Re: Unable to modify the databse with the same name as an existing database

As per the information from you, it would be fine to use existing database. But as per I know that Copy of Database allows to copy an existing Backup Exec Database from a computer using a specific name to another computer using the same name. The names are same as you might have created your old application with the same name of the database or vice versa.

Right click on All media servers and Click New Media server name. Add the New Backup Exec Server name and highlight it. Backup of your data will be on the safer side if anything goes wrong then you will be able to retrieve your data back. On the task pane, under Database Tasks, click Copy Database. Right Click the Server Name and Click on Copy Database. click Browse to navigate to the location of the existing database. The database file uses the file name extension, .mdf.

Your database might be existing in your data folder. Try using a different name or The problem with a world made up of dominant RDBMSs and dominant OOP Languages is that it has not been easy to map the information in one to the other. check if in the same path if this DB is existing please delete it and retry.