Thread: How to Test Load with Apache JMeter

How to Test Load with Apache JMeter

I have installed Apache server on my machine, to check the Website for demo purpose, It contains lots of pages which is enabled on the main page, so when i open any pages from the front page it takes considerable time to get opened, so I just wanted to check the Load on my server so that i could do something to release that load, Please help.

Re: How to Test Load with Apache JMeter

First off, you need to download Jmeter. You may use the version 1.9.1 of JMeter on a Microsoft Windows XP Professional platform. Java desktop application designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance. Unzip the downloaded file into a directory. We'll refer to this directory as [JMeter-Root]. Specifically, a rigorous statistical method, the confidence interval analysis, is applied.

JMeter is a popular open source tool for load testing, with many useful modeling features such as thread group, timer, and HTTP sampler elements. The Test Plan is a container for running tests. The Workbench is a sandbox for any test or portion of a test that you are working on. This complements the JMeter User's Manual and provides guidelines for using some of the JMeter modeling elements to develop a quality test script. JMeter is not a browser. As far as web-services and remote services are concerned, JMeter looks like a browser (or rather, multiple browsers).

You can use the Add feature to create a hierarchy of elements that will then execute when you run your test. In particular, JMeter does not execute the Javascript found in HTML pages. The level in which an element exists determines the elements upon which it has an effect. JMeter lacks enough computing power to model a heavy load, JMeter's distributive testing feature allows you to control multiple remote JMeter engines.