Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009

How to use white space property for CSS to No Wrap

How to Use the white-space property to change the way text is wrapped or not wrapped. I have a doubt whether is it possible to set everything to nowrap through css? How can I set nowrap=true in firefox, because i have tried out but IE doesn't seem to want to listen. Anyone have a fix for this? Please let me know.
Old 07-08-2009

Re: How to use white space property for CSS to No Wrap

To apply this style to all td's in a table you need to use inheritance. You may define a table id and set its td's to this style. To explicitly set how new lines in text are displayed and to set whether the formatting of text in the html document should remain when displayed in the browser This way you don't need to set the class of each td cell in a table:

<table id="mytable">
<tr><td></td><td></td></tr>
</table>
table#mytable tr td{white-space:nowrap}
Old 07-08-2009

This example shows the use of the value pre. Using this value you can make an html element behave like the html <pre> tag. To be more exact, the example anchor tags are appearing as actual links (oh! and one of them even works LOL!) Fortunatelly, the <td> and <li> items are there.

Code:
<html>
        <head>
           <title>No Wrap</title>
        </head>

<body>
    <div>
    <div style="background-color:#36f; color:#000; width:100px; white-space:nowrap;">25 68 49 13 49 76 83 96 17 18 19 20</div>
   </div>
</body>
</html>
Old 07-08-2009

I've used this rule for every TD that I needed and it worked fine on FireFox, but in IE the text is wrapped. Use the white-space property to change the way text is wrapped or not wrapped, to explicitly set how new lines in text are displayed and to set whether the formatting of text in the html document, hose values with a corresponding asteryx in front of them are the ones that don't work.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,