Thread: What is Regexp count

What is Regexp count

I have received an .CSV file when i opened that file there were i found the regexp.count statements available, what is it? and what does it do? I have come across this statement 2 to 3 times earlier and that's increases my curiosity to more about this statement please let me know thanks for your opinion in Advance.

Re: What is Regexp count

The regular expression is case sensitive. Set the IgnoreCase property to True to make it case insensitive. REGEX.COUNT(Text,Regular expression,Case sensitive). The caret and dollar only match at the very start and very end of the subject string by default. Typically, when you desire to create an absolute path, you want to resolve them by deleting them and the level of directory above them.

REGEX.COUNT counts the matches of a regular expression in a string. If the regex could not match the subject string at all, MatchCollection.Count will be zero. The function return number of words in a string. It use the function RemoveExtraSpaces and use regular expression to remove HTML Code , New Lines and Dividers. If there is a syntax error in the regular expression, REGEX.COUNT returns #VALUE! If the text or the regular expression contains more than 255 characters, the function returns #VALUE!

I would still suggest using line by line, stream-based, reading, and also re-using a single Regex instance (ideally precompiled). If the RegExp.Global property is False (the default), MatchCollection will contain only the first match. If RegExp.Global is true, Matches> will contain all matches. If RegExp.Global is true, Replace will return the subject string with all regex matches replaced.