Thread: How to create drop down menu in php

How to create drop down menu in php

I wanted to create the dropdown menu for my php script. This is I am trying for the first time as i will be new to PHP and creating drop down menu will be the fairly good option for me, and that drop down menu that populates itself with data from a MySQL table. Can anyone tell me whether I would create a non dynamic drop down menu that alters what is shown in the dynamic menu.

Re: How to create drop down menu in php

At some point when working with WordPress you’ll likely want to display your page links in a dropdown navigation bar. Dynamic Munu Builder: With HIOX FREE Drop Down Menu Builder/Creator tool you can create countless dynamic dhtml/javascript drop down menus with in few minutes, that too for free. I believe IE8 no longer needs the JavaScript, but all previous versions do. I may be wrong about it being necessary for IE7, but it’s definitely needed for IE6 and below.

Arrays store values which will be populated to our dropdown menus. Now we are going to create a function which will take to parameters * name of the array and name of the form element. i would point out that the actual list is being constructed with javascript, but the sql request requires php to be more efficient. Create 'java script' or dhtml dropdown menu and use it any html or PHP or JSP or ASP and other web pages that supports Javascript and CSS.

It generates all the scripts and HTML code you need. Just put the scripts on your website, and cut and paste the HTML code into your web pages, Creates a simple drop down list from a SQL query. Column 1 of the query should be the reference, column 2 should be the descriptive text / list entry. The value for blank is inserted at the top of the drop down list if required, either as a default value or for informative or instructive text.