Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009

VB.Net Picturebox load jpeg file

I wanted to load a JPEG (.jpeg) picture into a PictureBox and an ImageBox...but when i check for the icon it has diplays but when I delete that i create shortcut on the desktop it can only load the icons (.ico) into them...how come is it like this? I thought ImageBox supports most image file??
Old 03-08-2009

Re: VB.Net Picturebox load jpeg file

Panels are those controls which contain other controls, for example, a set of radio buttons, checkboxes, etc. Panels are similar to Groupboxes but the difference, Panels cannot display captions where as GroupBoxes can and Panels can have scrollbars where as GroupBoxes can't.

Code:
private void btn_StretchImage_Click(object send_id, System.EventArgs e)

{

pictureBox1.SizeMode =  System.Windows.Forms.PictureBoxSizeMode.StretchImage;  

}
Old 03-08-2009

On a from drag a Panel (Panel1) from the toolbox. Apart from being able to get the image from file using the open file dialog is it possible for you to be able to reference the image in am sql mobile database? PictureBoxes are used to display images on them. The images displayed can be anything varying from Bitmap, JPEG, GIF, PNG or any other image format files. Drag three checkboxes from the toolbox and place them on the Panel. When that is done all the checkboxes in the Panel are together as in a group but they can function independently.
Old 03-08-2009

VB does not support PNG files, so you need to write your own code (or use somebody elses) that will load them and convert them to a format that VB can understand. The app in question doesn't use multithreading. There is no other managed process going on when this exception is thrown. Notable property of the Panel control in the appearance section is the BorderStyle property. The default value of the BorderStyle property is set to None. You can select from the predefined list to change a Panels BorderStyle.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,