Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009

How to set the css visibility

How to set the property controls for CSS visible Yes or No whether the content of an element box is rendered, The problem I'm having is that I would like for the menus to default to the 'open' position, rather than the 'closed' posistion as they do in the article. Please provide me the property to set the visibility for CSS.
Old 03-08-2009

Re: How to set the css visibility

It's fairly easy to confuse the Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) properties display and visibility, because it would seem that they do much the same thing. The element box is invisible (completely transparent to content beneath), but still affects document layout flow as if it were visible. However, the two properties are in fact quite different. The visibility property determines whether a given element is visible or not (visibility="visible|hidden").
Old 03-08-2009

Only for table elements. collapse removes a row or column, but it does not affect the table layout. The space taken up by the row or column will be available for other content.

Code:
<script language="JavaScriptDisplay">
	function toggleVisibility(id){
		if (id.style.visibility=="hidden"){
			id.style.visibility="visible";
			}
		else {
			id.style.visibility="hidden";
			}
		}
</script>
Old 03-08-2009

A property called visibility allows you to hide an element from view. You can use this property alongwith Javascript to create very complex menu and very complex webpage layouts. So, you certainly don't want google indexing some lone frame. The display property, on the other hand, works a little differently. But an iframe, that's simple another document in a document, as an inline element, without a frameset, so as long as your main page has an anchor which links to the iframe, I would think Google could access that no problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,