Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009

How to use Bubble sort in C# to sort parallel arraylists

I have list of array element and i wanted to apply the Bubble sort on the array element , here i will provide those array element so you will come to whether i could use the bubble sort to sort parallel arraylists.

double revenue[] = {2513.84, 7816.39, 7236.56, 2158.69, 4532.86, 1354.72, 514.75};
Old 03-08-2009

Re: How to use Bubble sort in C# to sort parallel arraylists

It seems that you did not try to solve it. Think of an ArrayList as a resizable one-dimensional array of objects. In addition to automatic resizing, ArrayList has a few other advantages over Array.First do it by yourself and let us know if you stuck somewhere by posting your code and error stack . Also do not look for a code, designed and developed by someone else other wise you will not learn ever.
Old 03-08-2009

ArrayList has three constructors. The default, parameterless, constructor creates an empty ArrayList that has a default initial capacity of 16 items. Start the iteration at list.size() - 1 because array (or ArrayList) elements are numbered from 0 up through 1 less than the size of the list. There also is a constructor that allows you to specify the list's initial capacity. The final constructor takes an ICollection interface reference, and copies all the items from the collection into the new ArrayList.
Old 03-08-2009

I believe the fault is the fact that the '[' character is replaced by "c[" due to some error in the [code] constructor inside the web-script hosting
this forum.

Start the iteration at list.size() - 1 because array (or ArrayList) elements are numbered from 0 up through 1 less than the size of the list. This is a fairly standard idiom:

for(int j = list.size() - 1; j >= 0; j--){
// whatever
}

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,