Thread: Calendar Sync Issue with Outlook 2007 and Professional Server

Calendar Sync Issue with Outlook 2007 and Professional Server

Heya,

I'm currently using an 8830 with Outlook 2007 and we use Exchange 2003 for email.Whenever makes an appointment in calendar on my blackberry you can see it pop up on his calendar in Outlook then immediately vanishes. But it is possible to make an appointment in Outlook and it will appear on his Blackberry and stay in his calendar.Is this is an issue?

thanks for any suggestions ..!!

Re: Calendar Sync Issue with Outlook 2007 and Professional Server

Hook your Black Berry Storm and open the BB Desktop Manager. Now go to Backup and Restore in the Main Menu.go to Advanced grant no access,If a window opens indicating "This application needs to use Mass Storage Mode ...After handshaking with your BB, you will see a Computer databases window on the left and a Device databases window on the right. In the Device databases window, scroll down to Calendar and select everything that has the word Calendar.Once selected, click on the Clear button. All Calendar items will be cleared from your BB. Click on Back, which takes you to back to the Backup and Restore menu.and then on Main menu.Now let them to synchronize and your device will resync, correcting the Calendar problem.I doubt there may still be some bugs between Desktop Manager and Outlook or some of us just have some corrupted data that periodically enters the system.

It sounds to me like Outlook isn't shutting down correctly.we were runing out of luck past days Also, with Outlook 2007, there have been shutdown improvements made with later service packs.If you exit Outlook, and then on next entry, if it seems to come up quick, it's possible it didn't really shut down.Any calendar entries made in the device do not sync with the computer everything else seems to work properly but it is fairly useless if appointments do not sync. Although it's a little ugly, if you think you're having issues, after you exit Outlook, you can wait a minute or so, go into the task manager, and see if the process is still running. This would at least tell you if this could have something to do with your issues.

Dude I need ask this,When you close Outlook on your computer and just use OWA, does the calendar entry created on the BB stay in OWA's calendar?Take Outlook totally out of the equation here. Does anyone else use OL2007?.When you find the remedy through a post please mark it as a solution.If someone's was particularly helpful.