Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009

WebDAV Appointment vanishes from Outlook

Hello friends,

I am attempting to create Appointments using WebDAV using Java Jakarta-Slide APIs.But got two different situation.The appointment appears as a meeting with no name in the To: line. I want a plan appointment.and after creating the appointment I see it appear in Outlook Calendar view,but if I click somewhere else and then back to the calendar view, the appointment is vanished,but I can still see it in OWA, and also on the Outlook.Can any one help me in this regard..

thanks for any help ..!!
cheers
Old 01-08-2009

Re: WebDAV Appointment vanishes from Outlook

You better try adding the apptstateflags property and setting it to 0 this will confirm that the MeetingStatus property gets also gets set to 0 eg

xmlns:mapi=""http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/""

<mapi:apptstateflags dt:dt=""int"">0</mapi:apptstateflags>
Old 01-08-2009

My problem because where when an appointment was creating using WebDAV it would display fine in Outlook 2000 and on the webmail client but it would show in Outlook 2003 and then vanisj when you left and came
back to the calendar.but came across something that contained a property
I was missing this thing.
patchMethod.addXmlElementToSet("<c:instancetype
xmlns:c=\"urn:schemas:calendar:\" dt:dt=\"int\"
xmlns:dt=\"urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/\">0</c:instancetype>");
Old 01-08-2009

It may be something to do with the way you setting some properties.what you could do is use something like Outlookspy to compare the properties
and maybe capture whats altering when you click the appointment in Outlook.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,