Thread: Bootstrap for Visual Basic Setup Toolkit

SADIQ Guest

Bootstrap for Visual Basic Setup Toolkit

Hello friends,

I'm with this application setup.exe made with "Bootstrap for Visual Basic Setup Toolkit" as specification. I use the /silent witch but it asks if it should keep a existing file or replace it.I would like to know if there is a switch i can put to make it use the default answer?I found a setup.lst that will put information to, but sadly i am unaware to add so it will use the default to copy, replace or keep the existing file. The file it is copying in is older than the one that exists . I want to maintain the existing one if that helps, just so i don't get problems later.

thanks for your opinion

Re: Bootstrap for Visual Basic Setup Toolkit

I did n't build an SMS Installer package. It is a vendor supplied application that they wrote in VB6. I am attempting to configure it up to deploy with SMS.I guess i will repackage it with Wise and be done with it. Their Setup.exe that appears to have been created with the Setup Bootstrap for Visual Basic Setup Toolkit only seems to support the /silent switch and no others that I have tried. I also looked at the setup.lst to see if there was a way to make it unattended in there, but I did n' t see anything.

May be you try to edit the *.lst file to not copy that particular file.Genuinely the Setup.lst file contain a full list of the files that the setup programs (setup.exe and setup1.exe) need to install on the user's computer. Each file is listed individually, on its own line, and must use the following format
    Filex= file,install,path,register,shared,date,size

I would assume you know how to use setup.exe wizard. Copy the dotnetfix.exe to your application workspace folder and add it in the setup.exe dialog to your files. If its just the exe file you want to ship with do the same as above. Note you can add any file to your app workspace folder and in setup.exe dialog ins step 2 add these files to your setup program.The same again. You might zip these files before or put them into a separate folder.Basically, you can add any files to your workspace folder and then add them via setup.exe wizard.If you use Visual Studia standard this procedure might be a bit more complex since there is no setup.exe wizard, only a folder browser pops up.