Thread: iPhone application development in windows

iPhone application development in windows

I want to make the iPhone applications, Is it possible to develop a iphone application in Windows? I have windows vista. I don't want to reinstall my os, but in fact to get mac i have change my hole PC system, that i never wants to do. What the solution to develop the applications of iPhone on windows operating systems? Please HELP !

Re: iPhone application development in windows

I don't think so, it can be done. It would be possible if you could run the simulator and deploy to device from Windows, but thing is its not possible with the way iPhone SFK has designed.

Here i found :

winchain : Build the iPhone/iTouch Compiler Toolchain on Windows XP/Vista -- by Drakenza

What is winChain Builder?

What it is: It's the easiest possible way to build the iPhone toolchain on a Windows XP/Vista computer. It's a GUI installer for the toolchain which can completely install the whole thing in minutes, as opposed to sitting in front of a bunch of DOS windows trying to build thousands of source code files with confusing UNIX commands.

What it isn't: It's not a magical iPhone IDE or Interface Builder or anything like that. For that kind of stuff, you'll have to wait a little longer...

What is the iPhone Toolchain?

The iPhone toolchain is the bunch of programs the Dev Team and their various accomplices have put together, which can take Objective-C source code that you write using their UIKit Headers (included with winChain) and compile it into an application that you can use on your iPhone.

More : How Does winChain Work?

No it's no possible with the official iPhone SDK. But yes any binaries built from Windows would be using various "homebrew" development toolchains, and would probably only be deployable to jailbroken iPhones.