Thread: What is CSS? How to start with CSS?

What is CSS? How to start with CSS?

For the first time I come across to the CSS, I am least aware about the CSS but only know that it is most similar to HTML, If any user are aware of HTML then with some effort he may cope up with CSS, so i want some more information about the CSS, please suggest me how should i start with CSS.

Re: What is CSS? How to start with CSS?

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a fantastic tool to add layout to your websites. Designers who are just starting out with CSS often find that it can be difficult to think out how to use CSS for layout and design. It can save you a lot of time and it enables you to design websites in a completely new way. CSS is a must for anyone working with web design. And for Using CSS requires basic experience with HTML. If you are not familiar with HTML, please start with our HTML tutorial before moving on to CSS.

To start with the CSS you need the most basic tools such as the text editor,then web browser and FTP client. The primary—and most basic—tool that you’ll need is a text editor; a program that allows you to edit plain text files. You’ll use this to write your web pages. Avoid complex selectors. Once you’ve written a web page, you can see how it looks in a web browser—that’s the application you use to view web sites. Avoid changing your HTML unless it's absolutely essential. Finally, when you’re happy with your new web page, you can put it on the Internet using an FTP client—a utility that allows you to transfer files across the Internet using the File Transfer Protocol.

CSS, or Cascading Styles Sheets, is a way to style HTML. Whereas the HTML is the content, the style sheet is the presentation of that document. Once you have your content and basic HTML in the page, start at the top of the page and work on CSS styles as you move down the page. Many of the properties used in Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are similar to those of HTML. Thus, if you are used to use HTML for layout, you will most likely recognize many of the codes.