Thread: FTP problem - unable to make the session state request to the session state server.

FTP problem - unable to make the session state request to the session state server.

I am uploading some files to my work server through FTP, it was some web applications, it shows me that uploading fles does not have any problem but when again tried to access and storing of session state variables, the testing encountered an error "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server". I have tried out every possible answer but does not get any. Thanks

Re: FTP problem - unable to make the session state request to the session state server.

There is one way to solve the problem by adding the ASPNET user to the Local Administrators group. But for this i will not recommend to do that in production, because the main problem lies between the permission issue, but if that solves the problem, you're looking at a permissions issue; perhaps you can solve it by granting the ASPNET user permission to the necessary directory or registry key.

Re: FTP problem - unable to make the session state request to the session state server.

I also had the same problem, and after searching for the long i found the simple solution just by starting some services, so i will suggest you to check for or "ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started..." verify this service in service console is started.

If you do not find where to search for the service you may check at the following location Control Panel-Administrative tools-Services then double click the Service "ASP .Net State Service" and make the startup type as Automatic then start the service. I beleive all should be fine after that. and even if you won't get there then check If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.