Thread: How to create winforms repeater in vb.net

How to create winforms repeater in vb.net

How do i create a subform that has the continuous access-like databound form, I heard that this is possible and for that I read on the web that repeaters were used for this in vb6 and they are still used in .net for webforms. and also let me know how to create a repeater for winforms?

Re: How to create winforms repeater in vb.net

The Windows Forms Components library available on the internet, The TemplateListBox class inherits the ListBox class, and thus behaves mainly in the same way. The Repeater control is used to display a repeated list of items that are bound to the control. It enable the customization of the layout by each repeated list of items.

The Repeater control may be bound to a database table, an XML file, or another list of items. The Repeater control has no built-in select and edit support. Using the new Flow Layout Panel (in Visual Studio 2005), I was able to achieve this functionality. All the other downloadable software specifically stated that they are 30 day trials and the Windows Forms Components does not.

I haven't used the WebForms Repeater so I don't really know how you go about creating the templates for each item. In the template item of a TemplateListBox, you can put controls to display them at any position you want, and do it at design time as if you put them in a UserControl. The flow layout panel has the capability to automatically scroll when its contents surpass the bounds of the control.