Thread: How do you link spreadsheets together in excel

SADIQ Guest

How do you link spreadsheets together in excel

Hello

I am totally a newbie in computers and related applications.Currently am working with some Excel and I wish to append 2 or more spreadsheets using macros but am not able to figure it out.I know you guys know how to do that please stick with me

Thanks for any reply

Re: How do you link spreadsheets together in excel

In the destination spreadsheet choose the cell that will receive the link, hit the "=" button, now visit to the origin spreadsheet and choose the cell you planing to link with, and hit the "Enter" key.Contrary to this method is to go to the origin spreadsheet, highlight and copy the cells you'd like to link to the destination spreadsheet, go to the destination spreadsheet and paste special link cells

*Open the Excel and Select and open the 2 files you want to link

*Choose the cells you want to link in the source document. Modifications you make in the source data will automatically update in the destination document.

*In the formula bar and type the equal sign ("="). Key in the worksheet name and cell addresses you are using for the selected source file cell. That is the equal sign, name of the file, name of the worksheet, and the name of the cells you are importing in sequence.

*this will allow you to link the 2 spreadsheets together through the 1 cell. look at the Resources section below to pull up a document that shows you how to link data in Word to an Excel worksheet.

To accomplish this in Excel 2003 emphasize the cell or range of cells in Spreadsheet 1 that you want to link to cells in Spreadsheet 2 and click on the Copy icon in the Standard toolbar. Then on Spreadsheet 2 and highlight the top row of the cells to be linked and click on the Paste icon in the Standard toolbar - the data will be pasted into the cells amid there will be an icon on the spreadsheet at the lower right hand corner of the pasted area. Click on this to expand and select Link Cells. Data entered into the cells in Spreadsheet 1 will also be entered into the cells you selected above in Spreadsheet 2.Instead of using the toolbar icons you can right click on the cells to be copied/pasted and select copy/paste from the right click menu.