Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-07-2009

How to create Menu Bar in JavaFX

I have a web application where i need to Create a Menu Bar with JavaFX, this is the requirement of an third party module they want to enable the menu bar in their web page, could i be able to create the menu bar in javafx, if yes then please guide me on that side

Thanks
Old 29-07-2009

Re: How to create Menu Bar in JavaFX

The JavaFX APIs do not come with a menu GUI component. Maybe the JavaFX team at Sun does not think it is an important thing in RIA. JavaFX is adopting a graphical "node-centric" approach to UI development, so nearly everything in a JavaFX user interface is a Node.

Code:
Group {
    transform: []     
    content: [ImageView {
        transform: translate(180,72)
        image: Image { url: bind home }
        onMouseEntered: operation(e:MouseEvent) {              
               home=".//images//home_2.bmp";
               }
        onMouseExited: operation(e:MouseEvent) {              
               home=".//images//home_1.bmp";
               }
    }
Old 29-07-2009

JavaFX Script is a scripting language designed to facilitate the creation of rich client and Internet applications. When you want to create your own custom node, you'll extend the CustomNode class, giving it your desired attributes and behavior. When you develop applications with JavaFX Script, it's useful to have a JavaFX Script development environment installed.
Old 29-07-2009

Compile and run the SomeBasicWidgets.fx program, JavaFX provides us a class javafx.ext.swing.SwingComponent, which can wrap a SWING component into a JavaFX node. We know that we can build complicated menus in SWING. Some IDEs designed specifically for JavaFX Script, as well as JavaFX Script plug-ins for other Java development environments, are available. When you want to create your own custom node, you'll extend the CustomNode class, giving it your desired attributes and behavior.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,