Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-07-2009

Database name not found

Hi all

I am creating a system using CSLA.NET framework and using visual basic language. when I run the form it gives me this error DataPortal.Fetch failed (Database name not found in config file (AccSage)). Can anyone help me with this please.

thanks
Angel
Old 29-07-2009

Re: Database name not found

Database name not foundTry to find the MSDTC service(s) and see if they are marked as disabled. Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services. I saw several services on my box that looked like the culprits.
Old 29-07-2009

How did you setup the databases? PhpMyAdmin or through VMin? Make sure that you are using the correct app.config file. The ConfigurationManager looks at the current running project (i.e. your test project and/or your windows forms/console app). Also, remember, on the shared stuff, the users are named differently, so check that you're inputting the right format for the username.
Old 29-07-2009

Thanks guys I figured it out. I just had to do this in the app.config file in the main project <add name="AccSage" with the string connection. and then make then make the user instance = "false"
Old 29-07-2009

What it gives you? Does this solve your problem, I think it should displayed you the Database name, let me know.
Old 29-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
What it gives you? Does this solve your problem, I think it should displayed you the Database name, let me know.
I got it to work thanks

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: