Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-07-2009

ASP Net this.user.identity.name

I have a Win XP Service Pack 2 server with .NET 1.1 in web.config file of my project, authentication is Windows, I am trying to use User.Identity.Name, i am getting the user name in this field even after i logout (i.e, FormaAuthentication.SighnOut(), and also i am trying to use User.Identity.IsAuthenticated for checking whether the User has logged in or not.
Old 29-07-2009

Re: ASP Net this.user.identity.name

Everytime I logged in the Context.User.Identity.Name='Local/Administrator' which i dont expect the HttpContext.Current.User will not pupulated until you call :

FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(UserName, False)

or

FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(UserName, False)
Old 29-07-2009

Windows Identity object in his asp.net web application. He further claimed that he had set "authentication mode" to "windows authentication". a page called login.aspx then after verify & to make user OK you need code like follow:

Quote:
FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(UserID, false);
Session.Timeout = 30;
Response.Redirect(Request.QueryString.Get("ReturnUrl"));
Old 29-07-2009

I am setting up an Intranet web site. I want to add the windows login name for those people who update records, I also have a problem that involves windows authentication. I created a website that uses User.Identity.Name to get the current user and then I use this to make a LDAP query so I can get some more info on the user.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,