Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-07-2009

java code example set time_zone oracle session

I have oracle 9.2g as a database. I have created one table which has a column datataype as TIMESTAMP(6) WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE. And how to specify time zones are specified using time-zone displacements but while doing this rs.getString() or rs.getTimestamp() i get error and it was too lengthy, i don't copy pasted that, but what may be the problem, does anyone come across such problem before.
Old 29-07-2009

Re: java code example set time_zone oracle session

The time zone set for your database session is the session time zone. You can either qualify it as a displacement from GMT/UTC in the format of 'hh:mm' or you can specify it as a name that has an entry in the V$TIMEZONE table. By default, the session time zone is the same as the database time zone. Looking into it I need to specify the Session Time Zone as part of the Oracle JDBC Connection properties.
Old 29-07-2009

The database time zone is set by the TIME_ZONE database parameter. The setting of the TIME_ZONE parameter is in init.ora or spfile.ora file. Listing 1 shows the SQL I used to display the valid time zone name in the Mountain Standard Time Zone. Before accessing TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE data, call the OracleConnection.setSessionTimeZone.
Old 29-07-2009

In particular, Oracle has added the "WITH TIME ZONE" and the "WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE" to the TIMESTAMP datatype. The time zone for the database is the database time zone. Setting the session time zone doesn't change the database time zone. For example, the following statement sets the local time zone to Pacific Standard Time (PST)

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,