Thread: Burn CD by C language

Burn CD by C language

I want to ask that how can I burn a CD or DVD by C#. I have some video file and I want to create a disc out of that. Now it is easy to do this with Nero but I want to do the same by using C#. My motive is to add up a burning service to my C# program. But I not familiar to this. Are there any API or class library for the same process. Thanks in advance.

Re: Burn CD by C language

XP Burn Component can help you in this issue. Here the user control can help you to create CD/DVD from your application. The only drawback of this is that you can only run this service in XP or Windows 2003. It will not work in any other operation system. The XP Burn component is a tool which enable your .net application to burn file on a rewritable cd or dvd. In this the component communicate directly to the systems IMAPI interface without using the Windows XP burning wizard.

If you are using Windows Vista then you can use DVD maker. But if you have windows xp then you can do the same by using Windows Movie Maker. This works through IMAPv2. You will have to learn IMAP for this. The IMAP service enable you to run a burning service in C# application. There are also some ready made burning application which helps you to generate a automated script for the same.

To burn a DVD via C# you will have to first locate some information. Like first track down the driver of your optical disc drive. Then generate a new C3 class library which should included a standard set of method calls. This call will run the read/write service which will communicated to the drivers. First test it with all the supported devices. This is actually a difficult job. Because this depends on support of different types of drives. The problem here is that there is no standardized API. Some site offers you a demo project for the same.