Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-07-2009

How to read from a PostgreSQL Python

I am using python but i don't know how to Read a PostgreSQL Database adapter for the Python programming language. It was written from scratch with the aim of being very small and fast, and stable as a rock. I have set myself as database administrator and operating system consultant by trade. But unable to go forward.
Old 28-07-2009

Re: How to read from a PostgreSQL Python

psycopg is a PostgreSQL database adapter for the Python programming language. Its main advantages are that it supports the full Python DBAPI 2.0 and it is thread safe at level 2. Execution within a transaction is a very good thing; it ensures data integrity and allows for appropriate error handling. However there are queries that can not be run from within a transaction.
Old 28-07-2009

psycopg is a PostgreSQL database adapter for the Python programming language (just like pygresql and popy.). If you would like your program to take input from the keyboard, you will also want to import the sys module. Its main advantages are that it supports the full Python DBAPI 2.0 and it is thread safe at level 2. The psycopg distribution includes ZPsycopgDA, a Zope Database Adapter. It was designed for heavily multi-threaded applications that create and destroy lots of cursors and make a conspicuous number of concurrent INSERTs or UPDATEs.
Old 28-07-2009

psycopg 2 is an almost complete rewrite of psycopg. psycopg is different from the other database adapter because it was designed for heavily multi-threaded applications that create and destroy. It supports all the features of psycopg which is different from the other database adapter because and was designed for heavily multi-threaded applications, but add real adaptation for Python to PostgreSQL type conversions, asynchronous queries, support for the Python built-in datetime module and the new (Python 2.4) Decimal type.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,