Thread: Unable to create XMLClassDescriptor sax xml vb -net

Unable to create XMLClassDescriptor sax xml vb -net

Can anyone suggest me which will be the derived class from MContentHandler? is it "class CXmlHandler: public CBase, MContentHandler" or "class CXmlHandler: public MContentHandler"? The thing is that I had used this primer.xsd with JAXB and the xjc generator command and I could unmarshall the stream without problem. Please help.

Re: Unable to create XMLClassDescriptor sax xml vb -net

The Document Object Model (DOM) represents an entire XML document in a tree-like data structure that can be easily manipulated by a Java program. With Visual Basic (VB), the typical approach to experimentation with a Component Object Model (COM) component such as the MSXML3.dll file is to create a new Standard EXE project, and then go to the Project/References menu to add a reference to the MSXML3.dll Type Library (Microsoft XML, version 3.0).

CodeNotes for XML is a practical handbook for Java and Visual Basic developers interested in working with XML. MContentHandler to is used to provide the call backs required. This Interface has some pure virtual functions like. OnBeginElementL, OnEndElementL and OnContentL. You will learn how to leverage both CSS and XSLT to produce rich, compelling output, as well as manipulate XML using the DOM and SAX APIs.

The advantages of DOM are that it is relatively simple to use and you can modify the data structure in addition to extracting data from it. However, the disadvantage is that DOM parses and stores the entire document, even if you only care about part of it. I then checked the registry to verify that I had installed the correct version of MSXML3.dll. Sure enough, there were two promising-looking ProgIDs under the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT directory.