Thread: Which is the best asp.net portal

Which is the best asp.net portal

Hello Good morning everyone,

I'm planing to make some huge projects in asp.net.So I would like to know which is the best asp.net portal that for making my next big asp.net projects?.I need to have some great asp.net portal that I can extend as the base for all my future projects.So some body can suggest me in this regards..

thanks as always..!!

Re: Which is the best asp.net portal

Hi,there
    Am fond of DotNetnuke which basically a content management system ideal for developing and deploying projects like as commercial web sites, corporate intranets and extra nets."DotNetNuke is provided free, as open-source software, and licensed under a BSD-style agreement."
    .Which also good for online publishing portals.Originally DotNetNuke is built on a Microsoft ASP.NET (VB.NET) platform."

May be you can try Rainbow Project, a community initiative to develop an open source content management system (CMS) based on the IBUYSPY portal application released by Microsoft when it launched its .Net platform.The Rainbow Project has extended the original application by implementing multi-language capabilities; allowing multiple portals to be easily created; and adding the ability to apply different themes on a portal or page basis. This is only the beginning and many more features are planned.

The Windows SharePoint Services are a free ad-on for Windows Server 2003. They allow users to collaborate on projects while preserving multiple versions of shared documents.It provides a fairly rich platform for developing portal apps. However, it can be more difficult to manage than a normal self-contained ASP.Net application.