Thread: Which is the best hex editor

Which is the best hex editor

Which is the best hex editor tool for windows. I want a hex editor to edit the raw and take out content of a file. For a software interpretation work I want an proper editor which can give me exact result. It is natural that all hex editor shows up a computer file as hexadecimal values which are grouped in 4 groups of 4 bytes each and a group of 16 ASCII characters. I had seen a list of hex editors on the internet. Kindly suggest some editors and their features.

Re: Which is the best hex editor

Try a free ware version of XVI 32. The application can run under windows xp and older version also. It is a widely used editor. The Hex Editor XVI 32 offers a data inspector to view the decoded numbers. It has a built in script interpreter. It works easily with big files. You can edit upto 2 GB of files in it. For the users convenience it offers a setting storage utility in XVI32.INI file. Most of the operation are shown in process indication. Supports both ASCII/ANSI and hexadecimal representations. And much more. Click the below link to download.
    Download Hexadecimal XVI 32

Try Hex Editor Neo. A popular and freeware tool which is highly acclaimed by the users. It is aware winning software for anyone who works with ASCII, hex, decimal, float and binary data. Create patch, exploit your exe, dll, dat, avi, mpe, jpg, etc files with undo and redo options. It works in GUI mode which is easy to use. The feature of this software is you can edit binary files of any size at a great speed, enable search option, write microcode program, etc.

There are many tools available on the internet for your purpose. But I will advice you to use 010 Editor. It is a professional binary editor. The site offers a trial version just get the feel of tool and then if you like it you will have to buy the application. This tool does not work with windows vista. You can view and edit any binary file. This tool uses a unique binary templates technology that allows a user to understand the format of any binary file. You can analyze and edit the binary data with many power inbuilt tools like find, replace, binary comparison, checksum, histograms, etc.
    Click here to download the Trial Version of 010 Editor.