Thread: Adding custom profile fields asp.net

Adding custom profile fields asp.net

I have developed an application in ASP.Net, I need this type of provider that keeps profile information on those members and use role-based authorization, makes ASP.NET 2.0 because i think it was an easy decision for new development. since new users will need to specify custom fields not available in the SqlProfileProvider, such as FirstName, LastName, Address, etc. and plan to use the SqlTableProfileProvider provided here with Forms Authentication. Please provide your opinion whether this possible?

Re: Adding custom profile fields asp.net

ASP.NET 2.0 allows for a very robust user authorization/authentication system with little to no code. The default Profiling system in ASP.NET 2.0 fits into many website use-cases, but not all. The default Profiling system in ASP.NET 2.0 fits into many Web site use-cases, but not all. Luckily, none of these systems in ASP.NET 2.0 require you to meet their specific feature set. ASP.NET 2.0. Then you can refer to the Profile.FavoritePasta profile setting anywhere in your web application, and it's automatically mapped to the current user:

Profile.FavoritePasta = "Pumpkin Ravioli";

Use something called a Provider Model to allow extension or replacement of their implementation to fit into Web site specific use-cases. I have some doubt in my mind Why is it the fieldnames are bashed into one field and the values into another instead of the traditional and surely far more effective approach giving each field its own field so that each profile only requires one record in the database? Is it possible to create a custom provider to deliver such functionality?

Problem solved - by removing the property declarations from web.config.

The configuration of the Profile for a particular Web site is as simple as adding a profile section to the web.config file, The configuration generates a type-safe wrapper for Profile data where you can set or get the data configured in the configuration file because they are already defined in the new class that inherits profile base there is no need to declare them in web.config.

that isn't so clear in the post!