Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-07-2009

Reduce file size - reuse icon in C#

Hello friends,
attempted to write a small application in c#, which is almost 130kb, but when I apply the same icon to each form,it increases the file size by the number of forms times the size of the icon to about 500kb.i need to include the icon once and have that one icon reused.how can do it in that way?

Thanks in advance !!
Old 20-07-2009

Re: Reduce file size - reuse icon in C#

FileInfo is useful if your program modifies files, and you want to see how many bytes have been added or removed. i guess you do some thing in the documentation. Do you have the SDK docs installed ?
System.IO.FileInfo fi = new System.IO.FileInfo(filepath);
fi.Length();
Old 20-07-2009

My be i you can attach the icons to forms at RUNTIME with statements instead of assigning icons in DESIGN mode of visual studio like this method
this.Icon = "some icon path OR resource file path"
button1.Icon = "same path as above"
toolbar1.Icon = "same path as above"
Old 20-07-2009

Which compiler options are you using? Are you looking at release or debug builds? Strong named or not? Do the assemblies contain any
resources. you know what data compression reduce the size of .NET executables. Binary file compressors for Windows executables, such as UPX . However, binary compressors do not work with .NET pseudo-executables. The pure .NET solution, we present here can be implemented in any .NET language and does not require any native platform code.There are several benefits of reducing the size of executables. The compressed executable files also consume less hard disk space.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,