Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-07-2009

Retrieving the current directory in batch

I wanted to make sure that the script is calling command or program at correct path so i want to search a file in the current directory from which the batch is running. So i need help from you all guys to retrieve the current directory name from a batch file. Please help.
Old 15-07-2009

Re: Retrieving the current directory in batch

Here's the code to get hold of the current directory:
Quote:
for /f %%i "delims=" in ('cd') do set cwd=%%i
This is infact useful in manipulation of file and folder is done at valid destination when using relative path.The current dir is stored in the variable %CD%.Using the command ECHO %CD% will show you what it is.
Old 15-07-2009

The %CURRENTDIR% variable to store the current working directory, which can be used in batch commands. In case you want to only display current working directory, than use this command; Echo %CD%. You can also use Set CURRENTDIR=%CD% to save and store the current directory where a file is located.
Old 15-07-2009

Thats is all i needed. Thanks a lot mate. I tried it and it worked for me. I often find myself in a directory where there's a file that I want to operate on. I appreciate your help. Thank you

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,