Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-07-2009

How to disassemble .net

HI, I need to disassemble the .net assembly due to some of the reason. I tried it with ildasm but the reassembled file hast some little bugs in it. I dont know how to do it perfectly. Could you guys please help me out in this. Please let me know how can i disassemble .Net assembly files ?
Old 15-07-2009

Re: How to disassemble .net

First of all with the help of ILDASM you need to covert .NET assembly into its IL. You can find it easily in your programs file that is at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\FrameworkSDK\Bin. Once done converting, now use this command that will easily disassemble an .net assembly:
Quote:
ildasm MyFile.exe /output:MyFile.il
You can reassemble the above IL after making some minor changes via the ILASM utility. This is usually done some minor changes in an assembly process as changing the version number of another assembly which connects. Thats it..
Old 15-07-2009

If you are unable to do it with ILDASM, alternatively you can also use Dotnet IL Editor. It is an editor program which helps modifying .NET assemblies. It is intended to be able to disassemble .NET assemblies, modify the IL code, recompile it and run inside a debugger.

NetDasm is also a great tool for the same job. You should only load an assembly and all types of view it contains. When you click on a type of display methods are and what information the law. You can remove a type, a method of removal, or the code of a method of publishing.In the Edit Code form, you can watch the IL code, remove a sentence, or insert a new sentence.
Old 15-07-2009

Thanks a lot for sharing this useful steps and for the help. Thats is all i really needed. i'll try this steps and let you know the results. Hope i can disassenble the .net perfectly this time. I appreciate your help.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,