Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-07-2009

faulting application aspnet_wp.exe

I am using ASP.NET & has just started learning things in it. But recent it gave me an error message saying "aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. HRESULT for the failure: 80070545" Does anyone know why the problem is created ??? Any Help will be appriciated...!
Old 14-07-2009

Re: faulting application aspnet_wp.exe

To work around this problem, verify that the ASPNET account has the correct user rights as follows :

• %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\Version\Temporary ASP.NET Files: Full Control

• %windir%\Temp: Full Control

• Application folder: Read

• %installroot% hierarchy (for example, %windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\Version): Read

• %windir%\Assembly: Read

Note This is the global assembly cache. You cannot directly use Windows Explorer to edit ACLs for this folder. Instead, open a command window, and then run the following command:

Code:
    cacls %windir%\assembly /e /t /p domain\useraccount:R
    Alternatively, before you use Windows Explorer, run the following command to unregister Shfusion.dll:

Code:
    regsvr32?u shfusion.dll
    After you set user rights in Windows Explorer, run the following command to re-register Shfusion.dll:

Code:
    regsvr32 shfusion.dll
  • Web site root (for example, %root%\Inetpub\Wwwroot) or the path that the default Web site points to: Read

• %windir%\System32: Read
    (Typically, the ASPNET account has already been granted user rights as a member of the Users group.)
Old 14-07-2009

The Link May solve your problem of "aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. HRESULT for the failure: 80070545" If the problem is same discussed over there. I will to have a look at it. The Link is the Direct solution for Microsoft..!

FIX: ASP.NET does not work
Old 14-07-2009

After a lot of research i found that it might be the problem of .NET Framework in your computer. I will recommend you to install the latest framework to your computer & try. I can say that this will definitely work...!

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,