Thread: No commands available in TFS

No commands available in TFS

Hi,
    I was setting up a Team Foundation Server on an client pc. I got some problem here. They client pc has visual studio profession edition and TFS installed in domain. I was trying to setup a user within a group. When it came to opening or creating a solution in source control there was nothing in the source control panel. There were no command available in TFS. How can I make the TFS offline strictly solution based. If goes offline then it should follow the given settings. How does TFS goes offline.

Re: No commands available in TFS

You will need to fix the current source control plug in to Visual Studio Team instead of None. To do this go to Tools and then click on options. Look for source control and then click on Plugin. In the selection select Visual Studio Team Foundation Server. Select on OK and then try your source control explorer again. You can see all the commands now in the context menus and source control policies.

There are many reasons behind the TFS going to offline. The first issue can be that the Visual Studio IDE is not able to connect to TFS server at the time of opening solution. So it is marked as offline. Or if the visual studio IDE is opening and see that TFS server to which solution is bound to marked as offline. Try to figure out some solution on the base of the listed queries.

By editing a registry key value that can specified to VS to ignore all the server based offline settings. This will utilize the per solution offline settings. Go to registry editor. Go to start menu > run > regedit. Then add a sting value named IgnoreServerBasedOfflineFlags under the following path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\TeamFoundation\SourceControl. Then set the value to True. Now just restart the system to take effect and the you are done.