Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-07-2009

What is the difference between C# and C++

I am a newbie in programming field. I had just completed my study and now joined my work. In the developing the applications I have two options here. First is C# and then second one is C++. I had worked a lot in C#. So I want to ask what is the difference between both the languages. Is it fine if I continue with C#. Does there performance and other features vary as per the version.
Old 13-07-2009

Re: What is the difference between C# and C++

You can figure out that the C# is older version and C++ is the new version of the same programming language. There is a big difference between both. Like C++ offers you better performance as compare to C#. C++ offers you more new concepts of programming then C#. C# is used in older days but coming to today expectations are more demanding. So I will advice you to go with C++.
Old 13-07-2009

There are many differences between both the languages. Like the syntax of declaring a C# is different as compare to C++. In long data C# type is 64 bits in other the same is 32 bit. If you come to switch statement the C# does not work fall through from one case label to another. But C++ do. In C++ the main method is declared separately from the main function. Both have different string. In one word C++ gives a better performance and durability as compare to C#.
Old 13-07-2009

C++ plus in popular in current time. The application built in it gives better performance and portability. Some of features of C++ are multiple inheritance, deterministic destruction, you can throw exception as any type, implicit interfaces on generics, offers pointers, macro support, global variable support, global function support, stl, bitfield support, etc. C++ is a the latest programming language.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , ,